ENGLISH VERSION

WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE HOLY VIRGIN MARY, QUEEN OF THE WORLD PARISH IN KNURÓW-SZCZYGŁOWICE

 

Efforts to build a church in Szczygłowice already started in 1939. However, the times of war and occupation made them impossible. Teodor Gałązka, the parish priest of Wilcza resumed the efforts right after the war. However, it was the parish priest Robert Puchera whose efforts were rewarded with success.  On Sunday the 18th of August 1957 the celebration of consecrating a building site took place. The cross which was placed right next to the site had been brought in procession from the mother parish of Wilcza. The building site for a new church was given by Maria Wąsik, who lived right next door. Engineer architect Jacek Olpiński designed the new church and engineer Karol Jaksa was the constructor. The new church in a core and shell state was roofed in October 1959. Bishop Juliusz Bieniek consecrated the church on the 24th of July 1960. Unfortunately, the authorities did not allow to establish a new parish due to the fact that enrich tax had not been paid. However, Szczygłowice was separated from Wilcza in 1962, thereby creating a branch of the Wilcza parish. Priest Tadeusz Milik was appointed the rector of the new branch church in Szczygłowice. Since October of the same year  separate parish books have been kept. In 1966 priest Tadeusz Milik resigned from his post in Szczygłowice and the bishop appointed priest Tomasz Szulc a new rector. The parish of Szczygłowice was founded in 1977.    

 

GALERIA – Ziemia Święta 2017 = Photo Gallery, The Holy Land 2017

W Cezarei Nadmorskiej nad morzem śródziemnym = In Caesarea Maritima on the coast of the Mediterranean

W Cezarei Nadmorskiej – promocja Knurowa /szaliki/ =  In Caesarea Maritima – promoting Knurów (scarves)

W kościele Stella Maris na górze Karmel – In the Stella Maris Monastery on the Mount Carmel

Widok na Hajfę – The view of Haifa

Tabgha– kościół prymatu św. Piotra = Tabgha -  Church of the Primacy of St. Peter

Tabgha – nad jeziorem Genezaret = Tabgha – by the Lake of Gennesaret

Łódź na jeziorze Genezatet – A boat on the Lake of Gennesaret

Na Górze Błogosławieństw – on the Mount of Beatitudes

Kafarnaum – ruiny domu św. Piotra = Capernaum – ruins of St. Peter’s house

KAfarnaum - Msza Św. W kościele nad domem św. Piotra  - Capernaum – The Holy Mass in the church over St. Peter’s house

Magdala – kościół św. Marii Magdaleny = Magdala – St. Mary Magdalene church

Kana Galilejska – odnowienie przyrzeczeń małżeńskich = Cana of Galilee – wedding vows renewal

KAna Galilejska – kościół pierwszego cudu = The Wedding Church At Cana

Nazaret – grota zwiastowania = Nazareth – The Cave of Annunciation

Nazaret – dziedziniec bazyliki = NAzareth – the courtyard of the Basilica of Annunciation

Tabor – bazylika Przemienienia Pańskiego = Mount Tabor, the Church of the Transfiguration

Nablus – studnia Jakuba = Nablus – Jacob’s well

Betania na Jordanem – miejsce chrztu Jezusa = Bethany Beyond the Jordan – the site where Jesus was baptized

Qumran – miejsce znalezienia zwojów Pisma Św. = Qumran – the site where the Bible scrolls were found

Betania na Górze Oliwnej – kościół św. Marty, Marii i Łazarza = Bethany on the Mount of Olives

 

DUSZPASTERZE = PRIESTS

THE PARISH PRIEST

Priest Grzegorz Kusze, born on September 19th 1961 in Chorzów

Priestly vows – January 31st, 1987 in Katowice

Assistant priest posts: 1987 – Bielsko Aleksandrów, 1990 – Tychy, blessed Caroline’s, 1994 – Katowice, Cathedral of Christ the King

Since 2003 – the parish priest in the parish of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Katowice

Since 2013  - the parish priest of the Holy Virgin Mary Queen of the World parish in Knurów-Szczygłowice

THE ASSISTANT PRIEST

Priest Tomasz Antczak, born on May 25th 1988 in Tychy

Priestly vows – May 18th, 2013 in Katowice

The first assistant priest post: 2013 Our Lady of Piekary, Mother of God parish in Katowice

Since 2016 – an assistant priest in the Holy Virgin Mary Queen of the World parish in Knurów-Szczygłowice

 

WIZYTACJA BISKUPA MARKA SZKUDŁO 5 i 7 LUTEGO 2016

Nabożeństwo piątek 5.02.2016  = The visit of Bishop Marek Szkudło, the 5th and 7th of February 2016,

The Holy Mass on Friday, February the 5th